XRAY/CT Technologist Cross Training Opportunity (Internal Only)
- Operates computed tomography (CT) scanner to produce cross-sectional radiographs of patient’s body for diagnostic purposes: Positions and immobilizes patient on examining table, using supportive devices to obtain precise patient position and following protocols specified by radiologist.
- Administer contrast media orally or assists physician in intravenous administration.
- Enters data, such as type of scan requested, slice thickness, scan time, and other technical data into computer, using knowledge of radiologic technology and computed tomography.
- Starts CT scanner to scan designated anatomical area of patient.
- Talks to patient over intercom system and observes patient through window of control room to monitor patient safety and comfort.
- Views images of organs or tissue on video display screen to ensure quality of pictures.
- Starts camera to produce radiographs.
- Evaluates radiographs, video tape, and computer generated information for technical quality.
- A comprehensive full time training program for which successful completion will culminate in a position in the CT department; either full-time in CT or will be combined XRAY and CT.
- The CT Technologist is responsible for the independent operation of CT equipment, and for performing and communicating results of diagnostic examinations using CT.
- The CT Technologist is responsible for daily operations of the CT suite, patient schedule, equipment maintenance, the report of equipment failures, and quality assessment (QA).
- The technologist maintains a high standard of medical ethics at all times and is self-motivated to increase level of understanding and knowledge of the field, disease, and new procedures as they evolve.
- Must be a current full-time Med-Smart Inc. employee in the xray department for at least one year.
- Must be willing to commute to any Med-Smart Inc. facilities.
- Must be willing to work weekends.